Nothing says autumn like a fancy dress competition! We’d love you to submit your photo or video of your little one in their best fancy dress garb either in the comments section of the special Facebook post or via Instagram using the hashtag #mykidlookscool. There’s a Canon Powershot G9X Mark II camera worth £400 up for grabs for the one makes us smile the most. And it doesn’t have to be Halloween themed, anything goes.
For the full terms and conditions, see below.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. Participants provide a complete release of Facebook and Instagram in relation to this competition.
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
- The Promoter is Lifecake Ltd, a Canon company, of Cordy House, 91 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3BS (“Promoter”).
- All entrants (“Participants”) must be UK residents aged 18 or over.
- Employees of Promoter or Canon group companies or their subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
- By entering this competition, all Participants are deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions unless notified otherwise in writing.
- Promoter will run a photo competition via their Instagram and Facebook channels. The theme of the competition is fancy dress. Participants will be required to upload a photo of their child in fancy dress (not limited to just Halloween costume) via Instagram or Facebook. The most original, funny or heart-warming photo will be selected as the winner. One winner will be selected by a panel of Lifecake judges and will win a Canon Powershot G9X Mark II camera. The decision of the panel will be final.
- No purchase necessary, it is free to enter this competition.
- Multiple entries/images are permitted and more than one image from any one entrant may be chosen for publication but prizes will be strictly limited to one per person.
- Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after 23:59 on Tuesday 31st October 2017 will not be eligible for publication or any prize.
- By submitting images to enter this competition, all Participants are deemed to have granted Promoters permission to use their images on Promoter-owned social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ and to use all entries in connection with this promotion without limitation of time and means (this may include future publication in reference to this promotion or a similar promotion).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
- The Participant will be required to upload a photo to qualify for entry into the competition. The Participant can enter by either uploading their photo of their little one in fancy dress on Instagram using the hashtag #mykidlookscool and tagging in @lifecake or by adding their photo to the comments section of the special Facebook competition post.
- All entries must be received between Saturday 01st October 2017 and Tuesday 31st October 2017.
12. Photos submitted must be original and taken by the Participant;
13. The photo submitted by the Participant must not contain:
– recognisable persons, unless Participant can demonstrate that such persons have granted all the necessary permissions for the footage to be used and published by the Promoter under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9; or
– works of art; unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such works of art used and published by the Promoter under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs or
– logos or brand names unless Participant can demonstrate that Participant have been granted a licence to have such logo or brand names used and published by the Promoter under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs ; or
– image featuring nudity or anything which may be considered obscene, immoral or in any way inappropriate or illegal; or
– anything that may infringe the rights of any third party;
- Participant also agrees to be contacted by the Promoter for the purposes of administrating the competition or in the event that the Promoter wishes to discuss any other use of the picture submitted to the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements or the terms of the warranties below.
- By submitting it’s entry Participant warrants that:
– Participant is the sole author of the photograph;
– Participant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the photograph;
– the photograph and any element appearing in the photograph do not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party;
– in the case where a person or person’s image appears in the photograph, Participant has obtained written permission from those person(s) for the Promoter to use their image(s) as described in these terms and conditions;
– in the case where the person appearing in the photograph is a minor, the Participant is the parent,
guardian and/or legal representative of the minor and has the right to allow and agrees with the minor
appearing in the photo and;
– it is the responsibility of the Participant to ensure that the relevant permission has been sought, model release forms have been satisfactorily completed and that the copyright is not infringed.
Promoter warrants that:
– it shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
– subject to the clause 9 Promoter reserves the right to re-post, display, reproduce or publish, or give permission to display reproduce or publish any entry without payment to the author of the photograph.
- The overall winner will receive a Canon Powershot G9X Mark II camera.
- The Promoter reserves the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise the Promoter at time of being notified that they have won.
- The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the prize on offer. In the event that the prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The prize will be posted by secure delivery to the winner within 60 days after the winner has been announced.
- Any rejected or unclaimed prize may be awarded to other entrants at the absolute and sole discretion of the Promoter.
- After the closing date, The Lifecake Marketing team will select the overall winner by Wednesday 8th November 2017. Selection will be based on a unanimous favourite and their decision will be final.
- The results of the competition will be published on the Promoter’s social media channels by Friday 10th November 2017.
- The Promoter reserves the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
- The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting the Promoter’s liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
- In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts.