Mother’s Day Facebook Photo Competition “The meaning of being a mum”
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with, Facebook. The Participant provides a complete release of these channels in relation to this competition.
PROMOTER AND PARTICIPANTS
1. The Promoters are Canon Europa N.V., 59 Bovenkerkerweg, 1185 XB and Lifecake Ltd, a Canon company, 91 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3BS. (“Promoters”).
2. The territory of this promotion shall be the United Kingdom.
3. All entrants (“Participant”) must be aged 18 or over.
4. Employees of the Promoters, its subsidiary companies, their families, agents and other parties directly involved with this promotion are not eligible to enter.
5. By entering this competition, the Participant is deemed to have agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions.
6. The Promoters will run a photo competition via their Facebook channel. The theme of the competition is “the meaning of being a mum”. The Participant will be required to upload a photo that demonstrates this via the social media account as stated before 23:59 on Sunday 26th March 2017. The most original, funny or heart-warming photo will be selected as the winner. One winner will be selected by the Promoters and will win a Canon EOS M10 camera. The decision of the Promoters will be final.
7. No purchase is necessary, it is free to enter this competition.
8. Multiple entries/images are permitted and more than one image from a Participant may be chosen for publication but prizes will be strictly limited to one per person.
9. Incomplete, invalid or inappropriate entries, or entries received after 23:59 on Sunday 26th March 2017 will not be eligible for publication or any prize.
10. By submitting images to enter this competition, the Participant is deemed to have granted Promoters permission to use their images on Canon-owned social media accounts, including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ and to use all entries in connection with this promotion without limitation of time and means (this may include future publication in reference to this promotion or a similar promotion).
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
11. The Participant will be required to upload a photo to qualify for entry into the competition. Participant can enter by adding their photo in the comments section of the competition post on Canon’s Facebook page.
12. All entries must be received between Monday 20th March 2017 and Sunday 26th March 2017.
13. Photos submitted must be original and taken by the Participant;
14. The photo submitted by the Participant must not contain:
i) recognisable persons, unless the Participant can demonstrate that such persons have granted all the necessary permissions for the footage to be used and published by Canon under the terms and conditions of Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs; or
ii) works of art; unless the Participant can demonstrate that the Participant has been granted a licence to have such works of art used and published by the Promoters under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs or
iii) logos or brand names unless the Participant can demonstrate that the Participant has been granted a licence to have such logo or brand names used and published by the Promoters under the terms and conditions of the Clause 9 of these Ts and Cs ; or
iv) image featuring nudity or anything which may be considered obscene, immoral or in any way inappropriate or illegal; or
v) anything that may infringe the rights of any third party;
15. Participant also agrees to be contacted by the Promoters for the purposes of administrating the competition or in the event that the Promoters wishes to discuss any other use of the picture submitted to the competition.
16. The Promoters reserves the right to disqualify incomplete or illegible entries or which do otherwise not meet the above requirements or the term of the warranties below.
17. By submitting its entry Participant warrants that:
i) Participant is the sole author of the photograph;
ii) Participant is the owner of the proprietary rights in the photograph;
iii) the photograph and any element appearing in the photograph do not infringe the rights (including intellectual property rights) of any third party
iv) in the case where a person or person’s image appears in the photograph, Participant has obtained written permission from those person(s) for the Promoters to use their image(s) as described in these terms and conditions; and
v) it is the responsibility of Participant to ensure that the relevant permission has been sought, model release forms have been satisfactorily completed and that copyright is not infringed.
The Promoters warrant that:
– they shall act within the scope of the rights granted under these terms and conditions;
– Subject to the clause 9 The Promoters reserve the right to re-post, display, reproduce or publish, or give permission to display reproduce or publish any entry without payment to the author of the photograph.
18. The overall winner will receive Canon EOS M10 camera.
19. The Promoters reserve the right to publish the name and town and county of the winner or to publicise any prize giving presentation after the date of the competition. If the winner does not wish such details to be published, they must advise the Promoters at time of being notified that they have won.
20. The Prize is non-transferable and no cash or credit alternatives will be substituted for the Prize on offer. In the event that the Prize offered is unavailable due to circumstances beyond our control, The Promoters reserve the right to offer an alternative Prize of equal or greater value.
21. The Prize will be posted to the winner within 60 days after the winner has been announced.
22. Any rejected or unclaimed Prize may be awarded to other Participants at the absolute and sole discretion of the Promoters.
23. After the closing date, The Promoters will select the overall winner by Monday 03rd April 2017. Selection will be based on a unanimous favourite and their decision will be final.
24. The results of the competition will be published on Canon’s social media channels by Friday 07th April 2017.
25. Canon Europa NV, 59 Bovenkerkerweg 1185 XB and Lifecake Ltd., a Canon company, 91 Curtain Road, London, EC2A 3BS are the Data Controllers for the purpose of Data Protection Act in respect of any personal data supplied by Participants.
26. The promoters reserve the right to refuse to honour any entry or to recover the full value of any prize if it considers there has been an abuse or breach of the terms and conditions of this competition.
27. The Promoters shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury of any nature howsoever caused, sustained by any Participant under this promotion. However, nothing in these rules shall have the effect of excluding or restricting the Promoters’ liability for personal injury or death caused by the proven negligence of its employees or contractors.
28. In the event of a dispute over interpretation or implementation of the rules on any matter related to the competition, the decision of the Directors of the Promoters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
29. These terms and conditions and any disputes arising out of or in connection with them shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the UK courts.